Tradition and innovation meet in the wool industry

Our story began in October 2000, when Cavalier Corporation purchased a shareholding of Hawkes Bay Woolscourers from David Ferrier. From that time forward, the company embarked on a long-term expansion program.

In 1976, there were 28 separate Woolscouring companies operating in New Zealand.

As a result of several mergers, our company is now the sole service provider for wool scouring in this country. 

The Lempriere Group hold 30% of the group’s shares and the other 70% is owned by Mr David Ferrier. Both parties have been prolific in the wool industry for many years.

Our People


Coming soon

Our Sites


Awatoto, Hawke's Bay

Site Area - 29,341m2
Annual Capacity - 50m kg
Scour Line - 2x2.4m

Washdyke, Timaru

Site Area - 35,213m2
Annual Capacity - 51m kg
Scour Line - 1x2.4m
Scour Line - 1x3m

Clive, Hawke's Bay

Annual Capacity - 15m kg
Scour Line - 1x2m

New Zealand Woolscouring Ltd in partnership with local IWI, have embarked on a beautification project along the banks of the neighbouring Karamu stream.


Thousands of native trees have been planted along the river banks to help reduce natural sediment and with the view of creating a natural habitat for the Black Flounder fish which were once plentiful in this region. 

More recently a Pou ( hand crafted sculpture ) has been erected and a sitting ground with a viewing platform has been created. This is accessible to the public by the river walkway/cycleway.

Please feel free to contact us for more information.

Keep up to date with industry news, information and events here...


Supporting our local teams

Whilst most of New Zealand Wool Scouring’s sponsorship is centred around the wool industry good activities such as the Golden Shears, Speed Shearing and wool industry promotional events, we do...